Last week was my first week without exam since the beginning of the development of Ribbons. As a consequence, I’ve been able to advance at a far better pace. The following tasks have been completed:
- Addition of the ability to add shortcuts widgets to the main Ribbon (the Menu button in the screenshot)
- Addition of the expansion button to groups (the + buttons in the screenshot)
- Addition of ToolPack (I’ve no idea whether the name sucks or not), this make it possible to create a single row of buttons, which are joined together in a single block (see the screenshot).
- Support for an icon in Button.
- Updated layout logic for both Ribbon, and RibbonGroup.
The known bugs:
- I have troubles with the Visible property of widgets. I will have to study how it works because it changes to True automatically.
- It seems I can’t change the Child property of a Bin widget once it has been assigned. I experimented this problem recently in Button.
- The Button widget should override the fore color of its child when the background is painted.
- The expand button in RibbonGroup can be placed on top of the label (the size requisition is right however), but shouldn’t.
The mandatory screenshot (at revision 798):